American College Dublin is recruiting for the role Director of Student Life
Under the direction of the Academic Dean, provide assistance on student-related activities at the College; coordinate study abroad travel, housing and activities; coordinate student housing; give individual assistance to students with academic or behavioural problems; assist in the supervision of selected extra-curricular activities and perform other duties as requested.
- Arrange and coordinate out-of-class student activities, including student union and other student representative organizing, athletics, social and lifestyle activities.
- Arrange and coordinate study abroad student arrivals and departures, accommodation arrangements, extra-curricular activities, liaison with home institutions.
- Coordinate and be responsible for student housing.
- Coordinate advising and advocacy of student health and welfare activities.
- Direct and work with student interns and volunteers.
- Update and consolidate the alumni database and maintain and develop alumni outreach initiatives.
- Confer with students, parents, and faculty where individual student academic and behavioural problems are involved.
- Maintain effective relationships with representatives of law enforcement and social welfare agencies in the event of serious student problems.
- Assist faculty and staff to understand and work more effectively with students who have institution-related issues.
- Act as resource for faculty and staff and administration regarding student achievement, attendance, behaviour, and other problems.
- Initiate as required student suspensions and other student discipline actions to be taken by an administrator.
- Ability to teach one class a semester an advantage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of College administration protocols and practices.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective managerial skills and processes.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administration, parents, and the public.
- Analyse problems and devise, propose and implement satisfactory solutions.
- Show initiative.
- Ability to take direction and carry out written and oral instructions effectively.
Master’s Degree required. Preferably in Guidance and Counselling.
A minimum of two (2) or more years of successful teaching and/or administration.
Licences and other requirements
Current valid driver’s license.
Applications, to include a letter of application and curriculum vitae, should be sent to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.