If you are not an EU/EAA/Swiss national and will be staying in Ireland to study for more than 90 days, you will have to register at the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) within a month of your arrival in Ireland. You will need to bring the following:
- Your Passport
- Your Student ID card (your university or college will provide you with one when you register as a full-time student)
- A letter from ACD stating that you are a registered student and stating the start date and completion date of your course and stating full tuition fees have been paid. IMPORTANT: This letter must first be sent down to the GNIB by a college official so please request at least a week before you intend to go to register with the GNIB.
- A bank statement showing that you have EUR 3,000 or more in your bank account (or €500 per month for stays of less than 6 months) Further information here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000003
- A EUR 300 fee (credit/debit card or bank giro available at INIS offices - no cash accepted)
- Evidence that you have private medical insurance. Can be obtained here: http://www.odon.ie/acd.aspx
Opening hours for students are as follows:
Monday -Thursday from: 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
Friday's from: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Student registrations will not be processed between 8.00.a.m. and 9.00.a.m. each morning.